Friday 4 June 2010

ACS:LAW's Greedy friends have lost their minds!



Hi all I am posting this link but am sure I am the "Last to know this one"

"Hurt Locker producer: criticizing our lawsuits makes you a moron and a thief "
http://www.boingboing.net/2010/05/18/voltage-pictures-pre.html

I actually watched Hurt Locker and was soooo dissapointed that I asked for my ticket money back for "failure to provide the services promised" I know I am in a small minority according to IMBD it was a "Good Film" I could not agree less. When I read this post I felt somewhat vindicated and certainly will not be watching anymore of their crap in the future. As far as I was concerned I was swindled out of the money I paid to watch it and was NOT reimbursed as I would have been for any other service or product that had not lived up to my expectations.

Nicolas Chartier was BANNED from the academy awards for lobbying the committee for the "Best Picture" award that is laughingly won. Dont get me wrong I did not think Avatar was as good as it was made out to be either, HOWEVER it was downloaded over 300,000 times and is now the biggest grossing movie of ALL time. Why? I think because people saw it on the small screen thought , "DAMN that will be AMAZING at the cinema", and went and watched it, and told their mates to do it to!  According to the House of Lords Avatar was subject to 300,000 illegal downloads BEFORE the film was released yet now it is the BIGGEST grossing film of all time.  As the Lords said it was "300,000 free adverts"  "See here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye84j0fuKHI"

This just bolsters my opinion that these lawyers are simply looking at ways of recouping money through LACK of sales, NOT because they have been downloaded but simply because they are CRAP and substandard. 

Dunlap Weaver and Grubb AKA "US Copyright Group" and also the self-righteous "Save Cinema.org!"  Of course these people have NO interest in actually STOPPING downloading at all, they are "Money Grubbers".  The split is roughly 70% to the Lawyers and 30% to the "Copyright holding company" you can imagine the pittance that the actual "Creative people" get from that.

But I digress, in a sense "Hurt Locker" seems an exception to the usual bunch of crap that is represented.  For Example Uwe Boll is considered the new "Ed Wood" a Director SO inept that most of his films feature at the VERY bottom of ANY thinking person.  Dont believe me? see here.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0400426/ Far Cry

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0210701/ German Fried Movie

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0317676/ House of the Dead

There are others but you get the point, these are REALLY awful films, the type people would not download if someone paid them!

http://farcry-settlement.com/  This is actually a page you can go to to just pay up!!!! This is a TERRIBLE way of doing things, and I call on ALL of you to RESIST these people with EVERY fibre of your being. (Please dont eat or drink anything whilst viewing this page as you may choke on the hubris)

Remember this group is the VERY group that Andrew Crossley of ACS:LAW has been crowing about being in partnership with.

Contact your MP, Contact the Lords, Contact the SRA.  Do something DO NOT ASSUME that someone else is doing it for you! http://www.theyworkforyou.com/

This is as a wit put it "The movie industry  merely suing those with bad taste" or as the House of Lords put it "Straight forward legal BLACKMAIL"

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home